Sapphire Energy, Inc.

3115 Merryfield Row
San Diego, CA 92121

SBIR Award Summary

Total Number of Awards 2
Total Value of Awards $200K
First Award Date 01/01/09
Most Recent Award Date 02/01/09

Key Personnel

Last Name Name Awards Contact
Aravanis Alexander Aravanis 1
Behnke Craig Behnke 1 Message

2 Awards Won

Phase 1 SBIR

Agency: Department of Health & Human Services
Topic: PA-08-050
Budget: 02/01/09 - 08/31/10

DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Sapphire Energy is a biotechnology company developing algae as a scalable low-cost platforms for producing a broad range of proteins with biomedical and biofuels applications. The overall goal of this SBIR application is the development of "enabling technology" capable of producing relatively large amounts of...

Phase 1 SBIR

Agency: National Science Foundation
Topic: 2009
Budget: 01/01/09 - 12/31/09

This Small Business Innovation Phase I project will develop enzyme products from algae along with lipid biofuels. Algae have the potential to provide carbon-neutral, renewable biofuels from advanced lipids. At most, algae will be capable of producing advanced lipids as 30% - 40% of their total biomass, leaving 60% - 70% of the remaining biomass,...