Nerx Biosciences, Inc.

INDIANAPOLIS, IN 46202

SBIR Award Summary

Total Number of Awards 7
Total Value of Awards $1.55MM
First Award Date 09/21/12
Most Recent Award Date 09/01/17

Key Personnel

Last Name Name Awards Contact
Turchi John J Turchi 6
Feltgen Robert Feltgen 1
PAWELCZAK KATHERINE PAWELCZAK 3

7 Awards Won

Phase 1 SBIR

Agency: Department of Health & Human Services
Topic: PA-16-302
Budget: 09/01/17 - 08/31/18

Title: Development of novel Ku targeted kinase inhibitors Abstract DNA-PK, the DNA-dependent protein kinase, is a validated target for cancer therapeutics that drives the DNA damage response and plays a critical role in the non-homologous end joining (NHEJ) DNA repair pathway. NHEJ is responsible for the repair of DNA double strand breaks ...

Phase 1 SBIR

Agency: Department of Health & Human Services
Topic: PA-15-269
Budget: 06/01/16 - 11/30/16

? DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Chemical enhancement of CRISPR/Cas9 mediated site-specific genome engineering. Abstract Programmable nucleases, including Zinc Finger Nucleases, TALENs, meganucleases and the CRISPR/Cas9 system allow for site-specific genome engineering. The ability to make targeted genetic modifications has opened up a w...

Phase 1 STTR

Agency: Department of Health & Human Services
Topic: PA-14-072
Budget: 06/01/15 - 05/31/16

DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Development of novel lung cancer therapeutics targeting the DNA damage response. Abstract Lung tissue is constantly exposed to a wide variety of inhaled chemical agents. While the majority of these maybe innocuous, those that damage DNA have severe consequences. Thus, the DNA damage response (DDR) and DNA rep...

Phase 1 STTR

Agency: Department of Health & Human Services
Topic: PA-16-414
Budget: 06/01/15 - 05/31/17

? DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Development of novel lung cancer therapeutics targeting the DNA damage response. Abstract Lung tissue is constantly exposed to a wide variety of inhaled chemical agents. While the majority of these maybe innocuous, those that damage DNA have severe consequences. Thus, the DNA damage response (DDR) and D...

Phase 1 STTR

Agency: Department of Health & Human Services
Topic: PA-12-100
Budget: 09/01/13 - 08/31/14

DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Epithelial ovarian cancer (EOC) is uniformly fatal once resistance to platinum based therapy (Pt) is observed. Innate resistance is observed in approximately 25% of the nearly 22,000 annual cases of EOC, where the cancer is intrinsically refractory to Pt therapy. The remaining 75% of women have Pt sensitive d...

Phase 1 SBIR

Agency: Department of Health & Human Services
Topic: PA-12-088
Budget: 09/26/12 - 08/31/13

DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Platinum based agents (Pt) are the most commonly prescribed chemotherapeutics used in the treatment of solid tumors and are part of the curative treatment regimen for testicular cancer. While front line Pt therapy for lung cancer is often initially effective, resistance to Pt contributes to this disease rema...

Phase 1 STTR

Agency: Department of Health & Human Services
Topic: PA-10-051
Budget: 09/21/12 - 08/31/13

DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Epithelial ovarian cancer (EOC) is uniformly fatal once resistance to platinum based therapy (Pt) is observed. Innate resistance is observed in approximately 25% of the nearly 22,000 annual cases of EOC, where the cancer is intrinsically refractory to Pt therapy. The remaining 75% of women have Pt sensitive d...